Tuesday, July 29, 2008

THE FIRST LETTER!

Hey Everyone!!!

Here I am in the Mtc and I have survived my first week!!! Actually the MTC has been AMAZING!!!! My companion is Sister Taylor she is from Northern California. She is great we exactly compliment each other. In that I am really bossy and she is really easy going. Ha ha No we have good times together. We are learning to teach together and that has been tough learning how someone else will teach, but practice makes perfect and we are working on it. My teachers are Sister Hoge and Brother Moss. Bro. Moss served with Whyatt McCandles!!! The Mormon world is so small! I have seen so many people I know. Elder Bryce Mecham, Sister Melissa Mace, Elder Moon. Another sister from my college ward, Sister Gadd. I met Elder Gifford who told me he is Kathy's nephew. I met Katie Twiggs's cousin, Eldern Hogen. Its crazy all the connections we have. The other sisters in my district are Sister Rhodeon from Jamacia!! She is a convert and the only member in her family. She just got her endowments out today because there isn't a temple in Jamacia. Then there is Sister Crandall she is from Texas and also very optimistic and smiling. The Elders in my district are great and lots of fun! I know lots of people say that 1 good sister is worth 10 elders but I do not agree. The elders in my district are amazing. When I listen to them teach they are so firm in their beliefs and they are really good at adding their humor and personality which makes the lessons come alive. Some of them are so Prepared! They know Preach My Gospel really well. And then there is myself I feel so timid when I teach compared to them. Except when I bear my testimony, that is my favorite part about teaching. When I bear my testimony I know what I am talking about and I don't stumble over my words because I KNOW what my testimony is. And it is growing stronger and stronger every day. That is what I think makes the MTC so great, the Spirit is so STRONG!! And everybody is bearing their testimony all day long. Sometimes when we are walking or studying outside people will come up to us and ask if they can practice bearing their testimonies to us. It's Great!!!

So everyone says that the second day is the longest day, I would have to disagree it was the fourth day, Saturday. Its the first day you don't have some kind of tour or orientation. You are just in class or studying all day. Plus you are starting to feel the lack of sleep. But it was over soon enough and then there was Sunday which was a FABULOUS Day!!! We had the Presiding Bishop come and speak to us at the Fireside that night. And Relief Society was wonderful. My favorite part was before the fireside we sing several songs. That was great hearing every missionary in the MTC singing the hymns!! Our first gym period was on Saturday and that was AWESOME!!! It was so great to get out and stretch our legs and get all that pent up energy out. Plus it helped wake me up so I was more alert in class. I bet some of you are wondering how I am doing getting up in the mornings. And just so you know I have been doing really good! It hasn't been too hard. However, they say you get up at 6:30, that is not true if you want to shower and have time to get ready because you have to be at breakfast at 7. Plus there is usually a line for the shower. Speaking of meals, the food at the MTC is pretty good for cafeteria food. They have lots of options and they have these really great salads everyday that are really different. Like the other day I had a fruit salad with lettuce, pineappple, blueberries, oranges, and cinnamon almonds, it was so good. There is so much food though. I can see why so many people gain weight in the MTC. Don't be surprised if I write to you saying I need new clothes!!! :)j/k The meals here are really close together, I sometimes feel that all I do is study and eat. We have breakfast at 7, lunch at 11:30, and dinner at 4:30!!! I know its so hard to eat dinner that early, and then by 9 I am starving so I hit up the vending machines or bring an orange from the cafeteria. Pretty much everything here is amazing. Today is P-day and is has been great to get my stuff done and go to the temple.

Oh my branch presidency is awesome!! Brother Bott, my amazing mission prep teacher is one of the counselors. At distrcit meetings and sacrament meetings we always hear really great things from the Presidency. And at night the one of the Presidency's wives come to our room to check on us and give us a hug. Its wonderful to have so much support.
Well I don't know what else to say but the MTC is wonderful and I LOVE it!!! I also really appreciate your letters it is really fun to get mail! You can email me at this address: sisterpolatis@myldsmail.net, but I would prefer if you would send letters because I don't have very much time to check it and I can only do it on Tuesdays and it is much better to get a letter that I can read at night before I go to bed. Thanks so much for your letters and love.

With much love,
Sister Nicole Polatis

No comments: