Hello My Dear Dear Family,
So you’ve all heard I got transferred, well it was more of I got yanked out of my old area and thrown into a brand new one. President called us on Wednesday totally out of the blue and said that he was moving us to Teays Valley, West Virginia. And we needed to be ready to go by Saturday. He said get all of our investigators handed over to the elders and that new elders were coming in but they would be walking so they wouldn’t be able to go see most of our investigators. He didn’t say why we were being moved except for that he thought that we could do really good with some of the investigators here. It was a total shock!! We had just gotten out of a wonderful lesson with a girl named Brooke. We had invited her to church and had committed her to be baptized when she knows the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. And then wham!!! We won’t even be there any more. We were also teaching this girl named Bridgett, who really wants to be baptized and has a lot of self worth issues. And I really think that sisters would be better for her than Elders. And then we were going to go see this lady named Linda, who had walked up to the Elders when they were at the library and wanted to know more about our church. But when the Elders went, she said she would prefer women, so we were going to go see her and we never got a chance. We also had a baptismal date with Brother Farmer for March 21st. We had several new investigators that were very promising. And Justin was getting out of jail on Saturday! So as you can see things were going very well in Christiansburg. And I wasn’t even leaving Sister Arnott who knows these people and what is going on. It was so hard to leave and so sad. That all that work I had done, I would have to leave behind and I couldn’t even leave it with my companion. However, thankfully, Elder Richards and Elder Packer are excellent missionaries and they will take care of things. I am not very happy though about the missionaries who got moved in. They are walking because they totaled their car! And they are moved because the Branch President asked that they be moved out of their ward. Luckily they don’t have a car and so they can’t go see our investigators. I know I sound mean. I was super sad to leave the ward and all the people I’ve gotten to know and love. And as you can see there was so much going on in Christiansburg, so whatever the Lord needs us here for must be really important.
The last few days have been super busy getting packed and saying good-bye. And then getting here, unpacking, and learning a whole new area. We live in Crosslanes, but we are in the Teays Valley ward. And we cover a bunch of little towns, Nitro, Poca. Crosslanes, etc. The elders that have been covering this area were covering the whole ward. Now they are only covering half. They have been doing a lot of work here and so we have quite a few investigators. We got here at 6:00 Saturday and spent the rest of the evening unpacking and going to the store. We followed the Assistants up here. The last couple of days have been crazy as we’ve meet tons of new people and got lost several times. This is a whole different place than Christiansburg was. The roads are crazy and we are having a wonderful time trying to figure out where we are. The roads are a lot narrower here. The people and ward are very different too. Sister Arnott and I were saying that it feels different here, not in a bad way, but it definitely doesn’t feel comfortable yet. I feel like a fish out of water. The only thing I know on a mission is Christiansburg and I feel a little lost. Luckily the work and teaching are still the same. And I’m starting to get things down. I know the Lord will help us. The interesting thing I’ve discovered is that at this time I need the Lord’s help more than ever, but I have been so busy and scattered that I don’t feel like I have invited His help. My studies have not been very good, and my prayers have been quick and many times a little faithless. It was really hard moving here, but I need to have faith this is where the Lord needs me. Miracles cannot happen without faith. And I received a blessing before I left Christiansburg that the Lord has many things in store for us here. But I can’t do my part without faith. So I have realized that I have been lacking and now I am trying to be faithful and believing. Things are starting to get into a routine now. Don’t get me wrong this hasn’t been all terrible, it’s actually been quite fun and exciting. And I am excited to go to a new area. It’s been a real adventure. I am sad to leave, but I know that I was getting discouraged in Christiansburg.
I really really LOVED the ward and the investigators we had in Christiansburg, but I know that this work is in the Lord’s hands and He will take care of those people there. God loves us and will take care of us.
I love you all!!!!
So you’ve all heard I got transferred, well it was more of I got yanked out of my old area and thrown into a brand new one. President called us on Wednesday totally out of the blue and said that he was moving us to Teays Valley, West Virginia. And we needed to be ready to go by Saturday. He said get all of our investigators handed over to the elders and that new elders were coming in but they would be walking so they wouldn’t be able to go see most of our investigators. He didn’t say why we were being moved except for that he thought that we could do really good with some of the investigators here. It was a total shock!! We had just gotten out of a wonderful lesson with a girl named Brooke. We had invited her to church and had committed her to be baptized when she knows the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. And then wham!!! We won’t even be there any more. We were also teaching this girl named Bridgett, who really wants to be baptized and has a lot of self worth issues. And I really think that sisters would be better for her than Elders. And then we were going to go see this lady named Linda, who had walked up to the Elders when they were at the library and wanted to know more about our church. But when the Elders went, she said she would prefer women, so we were going to go see her and we never got a chance. We also had a baptismal date with Brother Farmer for March 21st. We had several new investigators that were very promising. And Justin was getting out of jail on Saturday! So as you can see things were going very well in Christiansburg. And I wasn’t even leaving Sister Arnott who knows these people and what is going on. It was so hard to leave and so sad. That all that work I had done, I would have to leave behind and I couldn’t even leave it with my companion. However, thankfully, Elder Richards and Elder Packer are excellent missionaries and they will take care of things. I am not very happy though about the missionaries who got moved in. They are walking because they totaled their car! And they are moved because the Branch President asked that they be moved out of their ward. Luckily they don’t have a car and so they can’t go see our investigators. I know I sound mean. I was super sad to leave the ward and all the people I’ve gotten to know and love. And as you can see there was so much going on in Christiansburg, so whatever the Lord needs us here for must be really important.
The last few days have been super busy getting packed and saying good-bye. And then getting here, unpacking, and learning a whole new area. We live in Crosslanes, but we are in the Teays Valley ward. And we cover a bunch of little towns, Nitro, Poca. Crosslanes, etc. The elders that have been covering this area were covering the whole ward. Now they are only covering half. They have been doing a lot of work here and so we have quite a few investigators. We got here at 6:00 Saturday and spent the rest of the evening unpacking and going to the store. We followed the Assistants up here. The last couple of days have been crazy as we’ve meet tons of new people and got lost several times. This is a whole different place than Christiansburg was. The roads are crazy and we are having a wonderful time trying to figure out where we are. The roads are a lot narrower here. The people and ward are very different too. Sister Arnott and I were saying that it feels different here, not in a bad way, but it definitely doesn’t feel comfortable yet. I feel like a fish out of water. The only thing I know on a mission is Christiansburg and I feel a little lost. Luckily the work and teaching are still the same. And I’m starting to get things down. I know the Lord will help us. The interesting thing I’ve discovered is that at this time I need the Lord’s help more than ever, but I have been so busy and scattered that I don’t feel like I have invited His help. My studies have not been very good, and my prayers have been quick and many times a little faithless. It was really hard moving here, but I need to have faith this is where the Lord needs me. Miracles cannot happen without faith. And I received a blessing before I left Christiansburg that the Lord has many things in store for us here. But I can’t do my part without faith. So I have realized that I have been lacking and now I am trying to be faithful and believing. Things are starting to get into a routine now. Don’t get me wrong this hasn’t been all terrible, it’s actually been quite fun and exciting. And I am excited to go to a new area. It’s been a real adventure. I am sad to leave, but I know that I was getting discouraged in Christiansburg.
I really really LOVED the ward and the investigators we had in Christiansburg, but I know that this work is in the Lord’s hands and He will take care of those people there. God loves us and will take care of us.
I love you all!!!!
Love, Sister Nicole Polatis
No comments:
Post a Comment