Dear Family,
Ted got baptized on Sunday!! YAY! He made quite a splash too! Turns out he is afraid of water and he was stiff as a board, hence the big splash. The Spirit was there really strong and it went great. His daughter, Traci, came to the baptism with her 3 daughters. We meet her before and her sister Teddi, they are both way awesome and we really want to teach them. And we asked Traci after the baptism but she said no. But we are still friends with her so maybe some day. And maybe we can give her a Book of Mormon still. We also had another potential investigator at church, his name is Sam and he is the father of Alex who is Brandi’s brother and Amy’s son, so Sam is Amy’s boyfriend, (whoa that’s complicated, that’s why you should live the Law of Chastity) He came to church mostly because Amy asked him to (oh they got back together last week and Amy really likes him still) and he is a little curious. And I was really stressed during church about it because I wanted them to feel the Spirit and want to learn more. And during Relief Society they talked about temples and I was like great, here we go with the questions. I don’t know why I was so stressed I should have had faith and trust in God. Anyways I didn’t get as much out of church because of it, but it did teach me a lesson about having a little faith.
We had an excellent week, we got 6 new investigators. One lady named Cecil, we loaned her a Book of Mormon and when we came back to pick it up she invited us in because she wanted us to explain more about it. She told us what we taught was different and yet familiar. (I wanted to tell her that its’ because it’s True!) So we have another appointment next week. Sister Guthrie invited us over for dinner this week so we could meet her step daughter Vern (Vernadette) and we taught a lesson on faith and asked if she wanted to learn more. She cried through our lesson and said she would take the lessons. She grew up Roman Catholic but has kind of lost her faith and has lots of questions. She is going through a divorce and a custody battle for her 5 year old son. He dad (Sister Guthrie’s husband) died a few years ago, she lost her job, and just moved back to this area. She is way cool and I’m excited to teach her. Two of our new investigators we are not sure if they are accountable, they seem to have some mental handicaps, but I’m not really one to judge their accountability so we will see how they keep commitments.
So I heard from Sister Reeves about our investigators in Fairmont, and turns out that a bunch of them are all connected, in a drug ring! Well I don’t think it’s all that organized, they are selling their prescriptions for money, at least one lady is, and then they are trying to get Martha in on it or steal her pills or something and there is a less active involved too who lives with one investigator. And then one investigators suspects another one of stealing from her. So yeah it sounds like I missed all the excitement in Fairmont! Needless to say most of those people were dropped because we don’t need to be involved in it.
Last week we were walking down the sidewalk and we saw these boys all gathered around this tree. So we walk over and they were looking at a squirrel on the ground that was barely moving and staring around looking terrified. The poor guy had fallen out of the tree 15 feet and stunned himself. Probably knocked the wind out of him. The boys were debating who was going to take him, one boy wanted him for a pet, the other wanted to skin him and eat him. Not sure who won, we decided to stay out of it.
Well I love you all, Take care. Love ya like a squirrel loves nuts!
Sister Nicole Polatis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment