Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pictures!!! and the Real First Letter.


President and Sister Thornock



Nicole and her companion Sister Hill

This is actually the very first letter that my family got from Nicole in West Virginia and Mom typed it up for me to post on the Blog.

Dear Family!
I am Here! West Virginia is beautiful! They weren't kidding when they said it was green and hilly, in fact that is an understatement! Some one compared it to broccoli, that is definitely what it looked like from the plane. It is not humid here, they say it is unusually dry here, pretty much the weather has been perfect. We got here about 5:30 (WV time) (3:30 your time). Our plane was delayed several hours in Atlanta. So we tried to do some contacting in the airport. It was so hard! It's weird going up to people and starting a conversation about religion, but once you get started talking, it's not too bad. And then! I taught the 1st lesson to the man sitting next to me on the plane! Ahh! It was great practice, but kind of terrifying. He really wasn't interested, but he was nice and he listened. He took the pass along card and said he would think about it, but refused both a Book of Mormon and the missionaries. He told us a lot about West Virginia. Anyway, pretty much I already love it here, and the mission president and his wife are amazing! Last night we spent the night at the mission home and today we meet our trainers. I will be with Sister Hill, but I haven't met her yet. I LOVE YOU ALL!
Love,
Sister Polatis ( in WV ! )

No comments: